CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WE ARE HOME & WE ARE WELL!

Well, we didn't hear that the tumor was gone but God has still answered our prayers! The Duke doctors confirmed that the cancer is a grade II out of IV oligoastrocytoma (grades I and II are considered low grade which in turn makes it less agressive). They told us that they would not typically treat a grade II cancer but just monitor it to watch for any changes, however, they are going to treat Jason's cancer because of the size of the tumor and how it is infiltrated throughout the brain. The hope is that the tumor will shrink, however, as long as it stays the same, Jason should have many years to be my husband, a daddy, a teacher and a coach. The plan for right now is to continue on the same chemotherapy that Jason was taking. He will take chemo for 5 nights and then be off of it for 23 nights. The process will take place 12 times (a year). Jason is expected to continue handling the chemo just fine. The docs said that they were not able to tell if there had been any improvement on the MRI yet. Basically, Jason's brain has taken a beating over the last couple months with the surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy and it is just too bruised to be able to tell what the changes are. He will get a MRI completed every 2 months. The next MRI should tell a little more about the changes that are occuring. Jason is scheduled to go back to Duke in August. Most likely we will be traveling to Duke every 3-4 months for the time being.

Jason wanted me to add "Joslyn is the best wife ever!" You gotta love him!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in tears over this wonderful, fantastic, glorious news! What a gift, what a blessing, praise God!!! I am sooooo happy for you!

monajtracy said...

Praise be to our AWESOME God! I am rejoicing with you my favorite way with smiles and tears at the same time. May God continue to bless Jason's recovery and give you all continued faith, patience, love and normalcy. Live life to its fullest as I know you will. God bless you and your loving family and I agree with Jason, I think Joslyn is pretty great myself. May God give you his peace! Love always, Mona Tracy and family

angela said...

oh praise the Lord!! what a wonderful report!! thank you so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am in tears this morning over this news, Joslyn. Never underestiimate the power of prayer! The sun is shining on you all today as we rejoice over this news.
Sue Z.

Anonymous said...

Jason~
This is fantastic news. Although I do not know Joslyn, she is an amazing woman and I am so happy for you and your family. Keep your faith and positive attitude. You guys will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
~Sarah Riedlinger

Anonymous said...

what amazing, wonderful news! i'm so glad to hear it. like sarah said, you and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

ZFam said...

What wonderful news!! I've been smiling all day since I read the news early this morning!

Faithfully praying for your family!

MaryBeth said...

Your faith and love is seeing you both through and through you and your family's faith you have renewed my faith. I am so awestruck, I don't know what to say (which by the way, I am one who usually has plenty to say). I for one have always hoped that miracles truly existed and now I have seen that truth.
Congrats on the good news.
The Flemings

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful answer to the prayers of many. We will continue to pray for your family and for God to hold you in His loving arms. Enjoy the miracle! Janis D.

Anonymous said...

Jason & Joslyn,
I was just checking to see how your appts. went and glad to hear the good news! Your strong faith, determination, love and great doctors will see you through this. I was in awe of you both everyday that you walked into the Radiation Oncology dept. You both are amazing people. I can tell you for a fact that a positive attitude and faith in God will see you through with a great outcome! I have watched people that don't have the faith or fight in them to battle and they do not always have as bright of an outcome. Please know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone from the Radiation dept. We are there if you need anything!

Barb Anderson

mdog said...

woohoo!! great news!!

blessings,
maria s

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

So glad that all is going the right direction. Really happy for you guys!!:) Love, Gretchen