CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Only 12 more days

Hello everyone,
There is only 12 more days until we are in Cancun:) Anyone that knows me, knows that I am so ready for some sun and warmth. This has been an extremely long winter and I am definitely ready for spring.

Jason is in the home stretch with his radiation treatments. He has 7 left. His last treatment will be Wednesday, March 26th. He continues to do well and has not felt any side effects. I know that he is very glad to be back teaching and coaching. The first game of the season is Tuesday, April 8th--hopefully the snow is completely gone and it's at least 40 degrees or so!

We have Jason's appointment at Duke University scheduled. It is a 2 day consultation April 14th and 15th. We will be flying out on Sunday, the 13th (thank you Ron and Gaye B. for the plane tickets) and returning Tuesday, the 15th in the evening. Jason's parents are going to drive down there and we will meet up with them on Sunday. I think the game plan is for Dennis and Jason to go golfing and Darlene and I will probably do some shopping:)

Many people have asked me "How are you doing?" and my response is "Good." Then they say, "How are you really doing?" and I respond "I really am doing good." These last 2 months have been a complete shock to us all and it has definitely been a whirlwind. I can't say that I am happy that Jason has cancer but I can say that we will get through this with the help of God, our family, and our friends. I did have a pity party for myself a few weeks ago--I was completely depressed. I just couldn't find anything to smile about and was thinking about all the bad things that come along with my husband being sick. I finally had to kick myself in the butt and say "you are either going to make yourself completely miserable or you are going to choose to be happy!" You know how you just wake up in the morning and you decide what kind of day it's going to be--well, I have decided that it is going to be a good day and just by doing that, it makes me smile.

Please continue to pray for Jason's miraclous healing, if that is God's will, and a "good" day for our family.

With love,
Joslyn

10 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so happy to hear that the family is all doing well. It was great to hear that Jay is back to work and coaching!! Remember it is okay to have bad days from time to time, especially you guys with all you have had to endure these last months. Most people would not have your incredible attitudes and that is why we admire you both so much! You deserve a wonderful vacation. Call us when you get home but don't be rubbing in the weather...still praying and love ya!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on Vacation!!

The Bruner's

angela said...

i will be praying for the appointment and the good news to follow! and i will pray for your family vacation! the Lord is truly gracious!

mdog said...

so glad you are in good spirits. God is good. still reading the updates and appreciating them.

have fun in CANCUN!!

blessings,
maria s.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Ditto to the Barringer's comment on the incredible attitude you both have. I come by periodically to see how you all are doing, I also am letting my family know since you all are on our daily family prayer chain. What a wonderful example you are to anyone who is in the same situation. I know I have only met you all once but remember what a wonderful family you had.
God Bless,
Sandra and my babies,
Genevieve, Madeline, Jimmy, Bernadette, Jacob, Jacqueline, and baby Brett

MaryBeth said...

Guys, have a great time in Cancun. I am sure you will be back tan, rested and relaxed. Soak in some sun for me. (I am a huge sun worshipper.)
Flemings (who, by the way, will be stuck here in 37 degree weather. If we are lucky it will be 37.)

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you guys down in Cancun and head out to catch some monster fish!! Glad to hear Jas is back on the field and in the classroom doing what he loves. See you in 11 days!

The LaFave

MaryBeth said...

We are hoping that you have a blessed and restful Easter. Thinking of you all.
The Flemings

Anonymous said...

Jason and Joslyn-
You are probably packing for the big trip to someplace much warmer and where the sun will be shining. Hope that these remaining days of treatsment have been good and that you will find strength and renewal in this vacation. Blessings to you and your family.
Donna & Terry King
(Rod's cousin)

Trombley said...

As you may know Christopher has bone Cancer and I understand how you can wrap yourself in the weight of it all God has chose our families to go through this fight for a reason and strength and faith will prevail if you ever need to talk feel free to call me Joslyn we can always cry together keep strong keep smiling we will beat this Sue Trombley