CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

A disappointing end, however, a FANTASTIC SEASON

It was the top of the 6th inning when I pulled in for the game (I was working--had rearranged my schedule so I would be sure to make the final game of the day). The score was: visitors 2 and home 5--I thought "good--we are up and I will get to see the end of the game." However, as I walked up to the game there was an eery silence coming from the fans on the Bullock Creek side. I then asked one of the moms "Hey, I just got here, who's home and who's away?" With a frown she answered, "We're the visitors." Well you all know what I was thinking at first, Oh - - - - ! But then I went to the fence and started cheering for the boys just like I have done all season long and really had no doubt in my mind that the boys would pull it off. Well, this time they didn't and that was the end to a Fantastic Season. My heart sank for the boys, the parents, the other fans, and the coaches, especially my husband. I stood along the fence too shocked to really move, not wanting to talk to anyone and just wanting to go and hug Jason. The longer I stood there, the sadder I became and I could no longer hold back the tears. They began to trickle down my face as I thought back over the last few months. I was completely invested into this season--it was fun, something to look forward to, a chance to not think about things, a chance for things to be "normal". It wasn't supposed to end this soon. So the tears continued for sometime (if you know me at all, once I start crying it is just impossible for me to stop no matter how hard I try). I didn't really want people to see me crying--I didn't want them to see me being vulnerable. But in the end, people did see me crying and I just figured they understood. It wasn't about the loss of the game (don't get me wrong--it really, really stunk that the boys lost and we all know that they should still be in the tournament). It was about what this season has done for me, for Jason, for my family and I say thank you! God bless all of you. Joslyn

2 comments:

angela said...

well i am sorry about the game, but thrilled with the growth and testimony this season has brought about! let His name be praised!!

Hope and Rob said...

Wer continue to lift you all up in prayer!!! Tell your little peanuts Mrs. Krotzer says hello!!! God bless you all.