CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I cannot believe I am sitting here writing that it is Labor Day weekend. The summer just flew by--I honestly feel like it was just Memorial Day weekend. It looks like God is going to give an awesome weekend of weather to finish up the summer--so be sure to enjoy.

An update on Jason--Only 3 more days until he turns 30 years old (Sept. 2nd) and he has been feeling great. He actually told me last week that "this is the most normal I have felt since this all started in January". Wouldn't it just be awesome if the drugs really are taking affect after only one treatment?! His second treatment is coming up on Tuesday, Sept 2nd here in Midland--yeah! He even gets to teach the first day of school because his appointment isn't until 3:00 in the afternoon. Our next trip to Duke is Sept. 22nd & 23rd. He will see the doctors, have his MRI read, get his 3rd treatment, and take the neuropsychological testing. Really looking forward to seeing and hearing the results of his MRI this time around--for some reason I believe that God has something special up His sleeve--this, by the way, is the first time I am not dreading Jason's MRI results--I am hopeful this time.

I'll leave you today with an entry that I read yesterday from my devotion book written by Beth Moore titled "Breaking Free Day by Day":


We have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 2 Corinthians 4:7


Here is my personal checklist of Scriptures and evaluations that I seek to apply to my life on a regular basis:
  • Is my most important consideration in every undertaking whether or not God could be glorified? (1 Cor. 10:31)
  • Do I desire God's glory or my own? (John8:50, 54)
  • In my service to others, is my sincere hope that they will somehow see God in me? (1 Pet. 4:10-11)
  • When I am going through hardships, do I turn to God and try to cooperate with Him so He can use them for my good and for His glory? (1 Pet. 4:12-13)

Have a blessed weekend and be sure to praise our Lord for such a glorious weekend! Joslyn

2 comments:

Jessie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Still praying for you.
Jess Rosebrook

MaryBeth said...

Happy Birthday Jason. Taylor have a great first day of kindergarten!
The Flemings