CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tri Valley Conference Champs!!!!

Hey everyone,
The Creekers pulled out 2 wins against Shepherd earning them the top spot in the conference:) The first game was a nailbiter (the score doesn't really represent how close the game was) I was even jumping out of my seat--it's been a long time since I was that excited about a game (probably back in high school watching my brother's basketball team). Creek was behind 4-2 up until the 6th inning when we scored 2 runs to tie it up. In the 7th inning, the Creek took it to em and scored another 9 runs for a total of 13-4. You can read the write up at http://ourmidland.com/articles/2008/05/21/sports/1108540.txt or read the Midland Daily News on Wednesday.

The second game ended in the 6th inning after the Creek mercied Shepherd 12-2. I just have to say these boys are so much fun to watch and I am looking forward to tournament time. Jason couldn't have a better group to coach than these guys and it's just awesome to see what a fantastic year they are having. This baseball season has been such a blessing in more ways than one. They are now 27-1-1 and will play next Tuesday, May 27th against Bridgeport in pre-districts. The winner will advance to Districts on Saturday, May 31.

Jason gets to celebrate tonight by starting his 2nd round of chemo (Although, I think he'd rather be drinking a beer with some of the dads :) so please keep him in your prayers over the next five days.

Have a great week. Joslyn

2 comments:

Hope and Rob said...

PRAYING!!!! I miss seeing you guys already! I miss Taylor! I think... you should hold her back for my sake!!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on taking the league Jason. Those boys are very fortunate to have such a great coach!! Good luck with your next treatment, stay positive and stay strong.
~Sarah Riedlinger