CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Many of you have asked me whether or not I am going on the week long mission trip to Haiti starting Oct. 18th. After much discussion with Jason, we have decided that I will go to Haiti. This decision didn't come easy. I have been back and forth in my mind about going and not going. I know many of you may be thinking why on earth would she be leaving for a week during this stage of our lives. I cannot explain the peace that I feel about our decision--God has placed this trip heavily on my heart and I cannot ignore that call. The people of Haiti are in so much need--not just physical needs but emotional and spiritual needs. There has been so much destruction over the last few weeks with the hurricanes coming through Haiti that so many Haitians are completely devastated. They need to feel the love of Jesus right now and know that He is with them. The haitians' struggles are so much more than ours--the basic need of clean water and food for their children is overwhelming. It is not possible for me to know their hurt and need as I have not been in that position-not knowing if I will be able to feed my children not just today but tomorrow and the next day and the next. My heart breaks for these people. Here is a blog that I have been following www.haitirescuecenter.wordpress.com for some time now. It will give you some sort of picture of the extreme poverty that these people endure on a daily basis.

Please know that I am prepared to change my plans on a second's notice if we feel that this is not a good time for me to gone. Please continue to pray for our mission team as we prepare ourselves for this trip--pray for safe travels, wisdom, and most importantly, that we may bring Jesus to these cherished people and that they will lean on the Lord at all times. Blessings, Joslyn

1 comment:

Kim said...

Joslyn,
Kristy just told me about Jason and all you guys are going through. Praise God that you guys got a good report from Duke. I was so encouraged by reading your blog. It's great to see that you are praising God through this storm. I will keep you guys in my prayers. Also I will be praying for your trip to Haiti, Joe and I have been sponsoring a child from Haiti for several years so Haiti has been on my heart lately as well. It's great to see the way God is working in your lives.
God bless, Kim and Joe
ps.. You guys have 2 cute kids!!!