CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thank you to our Bullock Creek Family

I've always known that Jason was a good man and that he has a wonderful family and group of friends. I never realized how much Jason was respected as a teacher, mentor, or coach at Bullock Creek until last night at the basketball game. Jason and I did not know what was going to occur at the game last night except that the sports boosters were going to be raising money for our family. I cannot speak for Jason, but I can speak for myself and I must say I never expected the feelings that I had last night.

As we walked into the game to see such a huge crowd of people -- it was overwhelming. So many people were there to offer hugs and words of encouragement to our family. Then to have Jason honored in between games and given a basketball signed by all the players was truly awesome. Hearing Charlie announce in front of everyone that Jason has been a inspiration to Bullock Creek ever since he joined this "Bullock Creek Family" in 2002 and that he continues to be an inspiration is so wonderful to hear. Finally, being presented at the end of the 3rd quarter with a check for $4000 (all raised during the games last night) and knowing that all these people were here to support Jason was humbling.

To be honest though, my heart was saying "no"--I don't want this to be happening. I don't want to find out how much Jason is loved and respected by this community. I just want to go back to knowing that Jason is a good man, has a wonderful family & group of friends, and is not fighting cancer. But the reality is that Jason is loved and respected by this community, he needs to feel all of your love and support, and he is fighting cancer. The reality is that God has a plan and purpose for all things, and for some reason God has chosen Jason to be a part of His plan for this particular time in our community.

God continues to bless our family, and we see Him working in our lives each and everyday. I must say thank you to God for all that He gives to us.

Also, I say to all of you, THANK YOU for showing your support to Jason and our family last night. It was truly amazing to see our "extended family" loving and supporting us. THANK YOU BULLOCK CREEK!

God bless you,
Joslyn

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Jay and Jos~ Sorry we did not make it to the game last night, we have some flu going around the family. We heard it was a great night and a lot of nice things were said about Jay! We thought about swinging over next week if you are up for some company, let us know. Love ya and talk to you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Jason,

I think that Billy, Scott, and myself are heading up to see all of you next Sat. Mo could be joining us as well. We are all looking forward to seeing you again!

Matt Bruner

MaryBeth said...

Joselyn, I hope that you know that Jason was an inspiration to us before he and your family were hit with this terrible disease. My boys loved playing for him. It was more than just a baseball game. It was an experience that they won't forget. The jv had a blast last year. Brittany always said Mr. K. was one of her favorites (maybe because he gave her her first babysitting job haha). Make no mistake, your family has always been an inspiration. We just never understood how strong and determinted you were. God Bless.
The Flemings

Jason said...

Oh, don't worry. I have always known that the kids are inspired by Jason (it's always evident whenever I see one of his student's come up to him outside of the classroom or ballfield). However, I just didn't want him to be standing out there because then I had the reality of his cancer come crashing down on me. I am blessed to have Jason in my life, and I am so glad that we are part of this amazing Bullock Creek family. Joslyn

MaryBeth said...

I believe Jason is pretty blessed to have someone like you also. Reality does stink sometimes. Believe me, I understand. Sometime soon, I will tell you about the miracle that my family received. It is very uplifting. As a family tonite, we watched the movie Facing the Giants. It is an awesome movie and a line that I love is "With God, anything is possible." Enough said.
Take care.
The Flemings